The security guard job description involves maintaining the security and the safety of people and home in designated area on university campus by patrolling places on foot and imposing the institution, faculty, college or university guidelines and regulations. This really is very first within a series of three classifications. It is actually distinguished in the Security Guard Lead in that incumbents do not have formalized lead jobs. Security Guard is distinguished from the Police Officer classification in that the guard will not be needed and incumbents don’t create citations or detain violators.
Security Guard Job Description
Security Guards are expected to report uncommon or suspicious activity to Police Officers for follow-up. Incumbents may possibly be essential to keep versatile perform schedules so that you can accommodate weekend or evening shifts.
- Patrols assigned spots on foot, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious action or folks or safety/fire hazards.
- Investigates and/or reviews dangers, strange or suspicious situations to campus law enforcement unit for correction or follow- up steps; maintains contact with campus police.
- Checks doors and home windows of properties to ensure they’re tightly shut and locked; notes in published log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor.
- Observes activity and targeted visitors in assigned place to implement college rules/regulations; alerts website visitors of infractions.
- Assists any people in building or on grounds needing directions or campus info.
- Escorts people/property to wished-for destination when monies, documents or protection of assets or people certainly are a concern.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched phone calls; decides what steps to take based on situation, points regarded and posture restrictions.
- Decides when incident calls for published report; decides which report form to work with and submits to supervisor.
- Unlocks buildings/doors right after examining identification and compliance with college procedures.
- Might help legislation enforcement officers with crowd regulate and surveillance at massive community events.